BetRivers Sportsbook California – App Review & Welcome Bonus
Disclaimer: BetRivers Sportsbook is not yet live in California. This review is based on the BetRivers app in states where it is live and the review will be updated when BetRivers Sportsbook launches in California.
Online sportsbooks could be coming to California at some point in the near future. If that happens, BetRivers, a leading name in the US sports betting scene, would be a quality addition to the California sports betting market. Upon registering on the site and using the BetRivers affiliate code PLAYRIV, you’ll be in line for a second chance free bet worth up to $500.
BetRivers offers a range of seasonal promotions for ongoing users, including some of the best profit boosts in the industry. Additionally, you can take part in the iRush Rewards loyalty program, which offers benefits online and at a number of properties across the country.
The site runs on Kambi software that powers several other legal online sportsbooks. Kambi-powered apps tend to offer ease of use and speed, and BetRivers fits the mold. BetRivers also offers a handy parlay builder tool and the option to cash out early in some cases, though BetRivers refers to this as buying out instead. We’ll go over all those features in more depth in this review to see how BetRivers might stack up in a California sports betting market.
BetRivers California bonus code for October 2023
Use the best BetRivers Sportsbook code PLAYRIV during registration to claim a second chance free bet worth up to $500.
|Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook CA|
|BetRivers California Bonus Code||PLAYRIV|
|Welcome Bonus||Second Chance Bet up to $500|
|Terms & Conditions||If your first bet loses, you'll be refunded with a free bet up to $500|
|Best Features||Jackpot parlay tool, profit boosts|
|Last Updated||October 2023|
Maximizing the BetRivers Sportsbook welcome offer
The BetRivers welcome bonus effectively works like a money-back first bet sign-up bonus. Let’s go over how to claim it and how exactly it works:
- Register at BetRivers and type the top BetRivers affiliate code $500 in the designated field.
- Deposit a minimum of $10.
- Make your first bet, and you’ll get your money back (as a free bet) if it loses
- Your BetRivers Sportsbook free bet must be wagered, it cannot be withdrawn.
Other sportsbooks have similar risk-free bet bonuses, like from Caesars Sports, which also offers a single free bet in return. BetMGM Sportsbook issues its refund in installments, while FanDuel Sportsbook allows you to divvy up your free bets however you decide.
When might BetRivers launch in California?
California, the most populous state in the US, is a tempting target for a variety of sports betting interests. In November, two competing measures will appear on the ballot.
- Proposition 26 — This measure has the backing of most of the tribal gambling interests in the state and would only allow in-person wagering at tribal casinos and horse tracks.
- Proposition 27 — This measure has the backing of a group of sports betting providers (including BetMGM, DraftKings and FanDuel). The measure includes provisions for online/mobile sports betting. Commercial online sportsbooks would have to partner with tribes in the state and pay a $100 million application fee. To apply for a license for standalone online sportsbooks, tribal candidates would need to pay $10 million.
Should the second measure pass — and not succumb to any potential legal challenges from California tribes — likely every top-tier online sportsbook will be interested in what would be the country’s largest sports betting market, and that would include BetRivers.
Getting started at BetRivers online sportsbook
You can create a BetRivers sports betting account in California within minutes. Here’s how:
- Visit the BetRivers Sportsbook site and click on the join button.
- In the first registration screen, provide your login credentials (screen name, password, email). Also enter the BetRivers CA affiliate code PLAYRIV in the relevant field to claim the welcome bonus.
- Then you’ll enter personal details like your name, address, birthday and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Double-check your data to make sure it’s accurate. If any piece of information doesn’t add up, the sportsbook won’t be able to verify your ID (and therefore won’t let you bet). If everything checks out, agree to the terms and conditions and complete the registration.
A browser plugin is required if you’re accessing BetRivers on a computer so the sportsbook can verify your location.
BetRivers Sportsbook app ratings
BetRivers sports betting is in the middle of the pack in terms of its feel and usability. Some aspects are commendable, while others need refinement. Here’s a more detailed assessment:
- Account access (3.5/5): BetRivers doesn’t support biometric login methods (facial, fingerprint or voice recognition). Therefore, you have to log in the old-fashioned way each time you use the app — by entering your username and password. Also, the testimonials of satisfied customers popping up on the registration screen is a bit pushy. On a more positive note, BetRivers offers two-factor authentication.
- Ease of placing bets (3.5/5): It’s pretty easy to browse through the betting catalog due to the large font size and the background color scheme. The template is user-friendly, with content well organized and all the key buttons appearing prominently. The search bar to the right is helpful to find what you’re looking for. However, a widget on the right that displays random users’ winning streaks and their respective bets is distracting. Recent upgrades to the sportsbook have improved bet slip functionality, and the slip now stays open by default until you hide it. The slip menu includes notifications of any odds or line changes, which we thought was a nice touch.
- Overall speed (4.5/5): BetRivers matches up well with the competition in terms of responsiveness. DraftKings and PointsBet are faster, but there’s no shame in that. A half-second delay occurs before the platform displays bets for a specific sport once you open it.
- Parlays (4.5/5): BetRivers does well with parlay-style bets. Round robins have their own tab, and there’s no overlap like at Caesars, where parlays and round robins appear together. Additionally, the sportsbook’s jackpot parlay tool generates eight random legs based on the sports and timeframe you input.
- Same-game parlays (4/5): BetRivers has a dedicated tab for SGPs (where available) within the betting program. Once you open it, just select the bets you want to combine from that game, and they’ll appear on your slip.
- Overall (4/5): Though BetRivers offers a decent user experience, there is room for improvement. The navigation is fairly easy and fast enough, but we could do without some elements, like the newsfeed.
BetRivers sportsbook vs. DraftKings sportsbook
Let’s see how BetRivers compares to DraftKings Sportsbook, one of the country’s best online sportsbooks:
|Daily Boosts||BetRivers offers between 10 and 15 daily odds boosts, which it calls “House Specials.” It would be nice to see an indicator showing how much of a price enhancement you’re getting, though. BetRivers also has a formidable range of profit boosts.||Depending on the betting program, DraftKings offers around 10 daily odds boosts, upping the price by as much as 40%. Unlike many other books, DraftKings doesn’t impose a max bet on boosted odds.||Tied|
|Promotions||The welcome bonus is solid. Apart from profit boosts and occasional bet-and-get deals, there aren’t many short-term promos for existing bettors. The loyalty program is top-notch.||In addition to its welcome bonus, DraftKings serves up a variety of perks, including free play pools, referral bonuses and bet-and-gets. It has also refurbished the Dynasty Rewards Program to incentivize existing bettors further.||DraftKings|
|Single-Game Parlays||The SGP options at BetRivers are straightforward yet efficient.||DraftKings features a handy SGP toggle bar that you need to turn on beforehand. There’s a highly customizable “quick SGP” feature that generates random SGPs based on different odds ranges.||DraftKings|
|Standard odds||BetRivers’ pricing is solid across the board, with occasional value in futures bets and major sports.||DraftKings has some of the most competitive and stable odds and lines in most instances.||DraftKings|
|Top Benefit||The jackpot parlay tool is a nice innovation, and the profit boosts are quite generous.||DraftKings has arguably the best sportsbook app in the business. Odds, bonuses and available bets all tend to stand out. On top of all this, the book offers features like micro betting and a stats hub.||DraftKings|
|What's Lacking?||Faster loading when switching between sports. The news feed is excessive and takes up too much space. Could use a refer-a-friend program.||Our main complaint about DraftKings is about its customer support, which has at times been slightly unresponsive.||DraftKings|
|Overall Rating||BetRivers is a solid sports betting platform. Its odds boosts are great, but otherwise it lags a bit behind DraftKings and FanDuel.||DraftKings is on the Mount Rushmore of sportsbooks and shows no signs of decline.||DraftKings|
There’s a clear-cut distinction between BetRivers and DraftKings, with the DFS giant outperforming BetRivers in almost every area. When it comes to odds boosts, though, it’s anyone’s game.
Live betting options at the BetRivers Sportsbook
Live betting is in demand nowadays, and BetRivers responds to the trend quite well. The sportsbook has live action pretty much around the clock, although the bets are available for a select group of sports, including major sports, tennis, soccer, and UFC, each with an impressive array of wagers.
BetRivers has odds and lines for live spreads, moneylines, and totals, as well as player props. You could, for instance, bet on Elijah Mitchell to finish with more rushing yards than the current line suggests by the time the San Francisco 49ers end their game. Or you could bet on Trey Lance having fewer TDs than BetRivers estimates at the end of regulation, as another example.
In tennis, you can bet on the outcome of the next point, although the lines will move rapidly, especially when two big servers face off on faster surfaces. The “stream” button displays live events currently available for streaming, for which BetRivers provides pretty solid coverage.
In the live betting platform, a stats hub can help you keep track of the game’s progress and provide a more in-depth statistical analysis in real-time. Pregame statistics are also available in the lobby, such as recent results, head-to-head numbers, and other pertinent information.
How to add funds and cash out at BetRivers online betting
BetRivers accepts a standard range of banking options. For deposits, you can use the following:
- BetRivers Play+ Card
- Online banking
- Credit/debit card
- Wire transfer
- ACH/VIP Preferred
- Cash (via Vanilla and/or PayNearMe)
There is a $10 minimum deposit. For PayPal and online banking, the maximum deposit is $50,000 per transaction. Other options don’t have a deposit cap.
The withdrawal options aren’t as extensive. You can cash out via Play+, PayPal, check, and online banking. The minimum to withdraw is also $10. Payout processing time will vary. Play+ facilitates near-instant withdrawals, while other options will be slower. Online banking typically takes two to five days; a check in the mail may take as long as 14 days.
How to contact BetRivers customer support
You can seek assistance from the help center via one of the header cards if you encounter issues at BetRivers. As soon as you open the tab, you’ll find an FAQ that clarifies the most common questions about geolocation, registration, bonuses, and banking.
In case that doesn’t work, you can contact support via email or live chat. The live service is available daily from 9:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. ET. It would be nice if the service worked around the clock, but we’ll make do with what we have for now.
How to set limits at BetRivers sports betting
Like other legal online sportsbooks, BetRivers provides proactive measures for combating problem gambling. These include deposit, time, and spending limits. You can set these limits via the responsible gambling page.
If you want to take a short break from the action, you can sign up for a cool-off period and close off your access. If neither of those first two options appears to be working, there is also a self-exclusion program that you can use to ban yourself from sportsbooks for a longer period.
BetRivers betting locations and partnerships
BetRivers and parent company Rush Street Interactive don’t currently have a presence in California and haven’t signed any partnerships with local teams.
BetRivers Sportsbook California FAQ
To claim the top BetRivers welcome bonus you’ll need to enter the BetRivers affiliate code PLAYRIV when signing up. BetRivers then awards you a second chance bet worth a max of $500. See full terms and conditions above.
You’ll need to deposit at least $10 using all supported methods.
In both cases, yes. BetRivers offers daily odds boosts in addition to profit boosts on select events. The sportsbook also supports the cash-out options, allowing bettors to settle a wager before the results are in.
It’s a parlay tool that generates eight random selections based on your preferences and shows how much of a payout you can expect to collect if all those selections hit.
Rush Street Interactive a major online gambling company based in Chicago.