FanDuel Sportsbook California – 2023 Preview & Promotions
FanDuel Sportsbook is not yet live in California due to online sports gambling not being legalized. There is no exact timeline for when sports betting might launch in California; however, some experts estimate within the next couple of years. Whenever that time comes, expect FanDuel to be a key player in California’s initial sports betting launch.
When you sign up for a new account with FanDuel Sportsbook in California, you’ll gain instant access to one of the best welcome bonuses in the industry. FanDuel offers all new users a $150 No Sweat First Bet, meaning you’ll get your money back up to $150 if your first wager at FanDuel loses. This welcome bonus does not require any specific FanDuel California promo code. Simply follow our links to claim your bonus when the time comes.
FanDuel Sportsbook is one of the leading sports betting options available today. After nearly a decade of operating as one of the top daily fantasy sports (DFS) providers in the US, FanDuel expanded into a full-fledged sportsbook in 2018. Since then, it has become a giant in the online sports gambling industry thanks to innovative features, competitive odds and a high-quality user interface.
FanDuel California promo code – December 2023
|FanDuel Promo Code California||None|
|Sign-Up Offer||Up to $150 no-sweat first bet|
|Bonus Terms & Conditions||• Minimum qualifying deposit of $10
• Bonus bet credits must be played through before withdrawn for cash
• Unused bonus bet credits expire after 14 days of receipt
• Promo valid once per user and only on first bet at FanDuel
|Best Feature||Industry leading same game parlay feature|
|Promo Valid as of||December 2023|
Maximizing the FanDuel Sportsbook welcome offer
When you register for a new FanDuel Sportsbook account, you’ll be able to claim FanDuel’s exclusive welcome bonus. FanDuel boasts one of the most valuable welcome bonuses in the industry, offering a No Sweat First Bet worth up to $150. This means if your first bet at FanDuel loses, the operator will refund you in bonus bets equal to your initial stake up to a maximum of $150. This bonus does not require a promo code. Just follow our links to start betting today!
Like all sportsbook welcome bonuses, FanDuel’s offer is subject to certain terms and conditions. You must deposit at least $10 to become eligible for the promotion, and the deal will apply only to your first wager. Make sure you take full advantage before making your first bet. If your first wager loses, your bonus bet credits will hit your account within 72 hours of your qualifying bet settling. You must use your credits within 14 days, or they will expire. Additionally, bonus bets are not eligible for withdrawal and must be played through before they can be redeemed for cash. All users must be at least 21 years of age to claim and are eligible for only one welcome bonus each.
When is FanDuel Sportsbook launching in California?
It is tricky to predict when FanDuel and other online sportsbooks might finally launch in California. In the 2022 midterm elections, Californians voted against legalizing online sports gambling in the state, stifling immediate progress toward sportsbooks launching in the Golden State.
Voters had a choice on two sports betting bills: Proposition 26 and Proposition 27. Proposition 26 would have allowed land-based casinso and horse tracks to operate retail sportsbooks. Proposition 27 would have allowed online and mobile sports betting for gamblers 21 and over. Prop 26 lost by 66.98% to 33.02% percentage, while Prop 27 lost by an 82.3% to 17.75 margin.
It is likely that the proposition appears again on a future ballot. Given the numbers, a new statewide vote might not happen in 2024. That being said, it’s possible that a bill gets passed through the state legislature that could expedite the process. While the timeline is still foggy right now, Californians could expect to see FanDuel launch in the state within the next few years.
Getting started at FanDuel Sportsbook in California
FanDuel makes it super easy to create a new sportsbook account. It takes only a few minutes to set up a new account. To register for a new account, simply follow our links to the operator’s website where you will be asked to enter some personal information including:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
This data will be used to confirm your identity and ensure you are eligible for a FanDuel Sportsbook account. All users must be at least 21 years old and physically located within California at the time of registration. The operator will employ geolocation services to confirm your location. Remember, you’ll be automatically eligible for FanDuel’s valuable welcome bonus when you sign up using our links.
FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app and rating (4.8/5)
The FanDuel Sportsbook app is available for both IOS and Android users on the App Store and Google Play Store, respectively. It is easily one of the top mobile sportsbook apps on the market. The layout is sleek and modern, the app responds quickly and almost never lags, and navigating around the platform is super intuitive. It’s easy to see that FanDuel has spent many years honing and refining its app to fit the needs of the everyday sports bettor.
Let’s evaluate our experience with the FanDuel mobile app:
- Ease of logging in – 4.4/5: While FanDuel’s app does offer biometric login (i.e. Face ID), we noticed that the fail rate was higher than ideal. While this isn’t a deal breaker, it could be improved in the future.
- Ease of placing bets – 4.8/5: Finding all the available sports and markets is very simple on FanDuel’s app. Events are listed by relevance and start time, and you can search for specific matches. The bet slip quickly pops up at the bottom of the screen every time you select a wager.
- Overall speed – 4.9/5: FanDuel’s app is lightning-fast compared to most other apps on the market. Graphics and data load extremely quickly. While the speed is relatively contingent upon your internet quality, most users should be very happy with the response time.
- Ability to place parlays – 4.9/5: Parlays are available for nearly every market at FanDuel. Building them is super easy. Just click the parlay button on your bet slip and you’re good to go.
- Ability to place same game parlays – 5/5: FanDuel offers tons of single game parlay options with lucrative payouts. There is also the SGP+ feature that allows you to tie two separate same game parlays into one single parlay.
- Overall – 4.8/5: FanDuel’s sportsbook app is clearly one of the best options available for both rookie and experienced bettors. Everything is laid out logically, with your favorite markets and boosted lines front and center. If you want one of the best mobile betting experiences, look no further than FanDuel’s app.
FanDuel Sportsbook vs. bet365 Sportsbook
Here’s how we think FanDuel stacks up against bet365 Sportsbook in some key categories:
|Single Game Parlays||✓||X|
|Top Benefit||SGP+ feature||Live betting feature|
|What's Lacking?||Fewer cash-out options||No loyalty program|
Both FanDuel and bet365 are top-notch options for most sports bettors. While FanDuel offers a better single game parlay platform with the unique SGP+ feature, bet365 excels in its live betting offerings. If you’re looking for a long-term sportsbook commitment, FanDuel’s loyalty program will offer better rewards for consistent bettors. FanDuel also has a more visually appealing app. Nevertheless, you can’t go wrong with either of these two sportsbooks. Both are worth adding to your sports betting portfolio.
Live betting options at FanDuel
The live betting section at FanDuel is truly outstanding. This is another area where FanDuel pulls ahead of the competition. FanDuel offers tons of live betting options on most markets, including even the smaller niche sports like handball and Formula 1 racing. Most of these smaller markets have fewer live options to bet on, but the odds are still updated regularly. You can always bet at least a live moneyline or outright winner for every sport.
In addition to the smaller markets, FanDuel offers live betting for the major leagues. Every major sport will include a game view feature, where you can follow the action, as well as up-to-date game stats and recent team stats that allow you to make the most informed bets possible. For select markets, you can even live stream the game you are betting on directly through the FanDuel app or website at no additional cost. This is a highlight of FanDuel’s live betting platform because you can watch the game from anywhere right on your phone while placing live wagers.
For the most popular leagues, like the NFL, FanDuel offers more live wagers than most other sportsbooks. In addition to traditional live wagers like totals and spreads, you can place a ton of different player and game props. You can even bet on drive results at the beginning of each new drive, choosing whether it’ll be a touchdown, field goal, punt or turnover. This completely changes the NFL viewing experience and makes every drive that much more exciting.
Finally, you can even place live same game parlays at FanDuel on NFL games. If you’re watching the San Francisco 49ers game, you can build a live SGP with the 49ers to win, over 44.5 points to be scored and the Niners’ top running back to score an any-time touchdown. This is a feature that almost no other sportsbooks offer. It truly sets FanDuel apart.
Other bet types at FanDuel Sportsbook
If you’re looking to place traditional wagers, FanDuel’s got all the standard bet types. You can wager on all your favorite California teams at FanDuel—from the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Golden State Warriors to the LA Galaxy. Here are just a few of the bet types you’ll have access to at FanDuel California:
- Moneylines: Bet on a straight win based on the provided odds, such as the Dodgers to beat the Houston Astros. A $100 bet on +125 odds would earn you $125 if the Dodgers win.
- Points spreads: Consider the point spread to determine by how much a team will win. If you bet on the LA Rams to beat the New England Patriots at -2.5, the Rams must win by at least a field goal for your bet to cash.
- Totals: Bet on the total number of points scored in a given match. Choose whether the Los Angeles Kings and Vancouver Canucks will score over 4.5 goals combined during the game.
- Futures: Place a long-term wager on a team or player and watch it play out over the season. For example, you could place a $100 future on the Los Angeles Chargers’ quarterback to win NFL MVP at +900 odds, meaning you would win $900 if the Chargers’ QB wins the award.
- Props: Bet on certain stats or outcomes from within a match. You can bet on player props that focus on one player achieving certain statistics or on team or game props that revolve around outcomes within a game.
- Parlays: String multiple bets together from different games to get a bigger payout. Each time you add a leg, your potential payout will increase. If every leg of the parlay hits, you could win big money.
- Same game parlays: Build a parlay with multiple wagers from the same game. With FanDuel’s unique SGP+ feature, you can even tie together two SGPs from two different games into one single bet.
Banking, customer service and setting limits at FanDuel
How to add funds or cash out
Making financial transactions on FanDuel is very easy. The operator does require a $10 minimum for both deposits and withdrawals. Deposited funds should hit your account balance instantly, while withdrawals are processed on a varying timeline depending on your method of choice: anywhere from 12 hours to 7 days.
FanDuel Sportsbook offers the following deposit options:
- Online banking
- Debit/credit cards
- Wire transfer
- Cash at counter (retail locations only)
- FanDuel Prepaid Play+ Card
- Gift card
FanDuel supports the following methods for withdrawals:
- Online banking (2-5 business days)
- PayPal (12-48 hours)
- Venmo (12-48 hours)
- Check (5-7 business days)
- Cash at counter (retail locations only)
How to contact FanDuel customer service in California
There are plenty of different ways to solve an issue at FanDuel Sportsbook. The quickest method is to use FanDuel’s extensive help center. There, you’ll find a ton of articles that answer the most frequently asked questions on the platform. If you are unable to solve your problem on your own, you can use FanDuel’s handy live chat feature to contact a customer service agent, which is available 24/7. If you prefer to connect over email, the operator is available at [email protected]. You can also reach the operator over the phone at 646-930-0860 or on Twitter @FDSportsbook.
How to set limits at FanDuel
Like all regulated American sportsbooks, FanDuel encourages responsible gambling from all customers. The operator offers different limits that allow you to keep track of your activity on the app and build sustainable gambling habits. These spending controls include:
- Time limits: Set a limit on how many minutes or hours you can spend on the app or site per day.
- Deposit limits: Set a limit on how much money you can deposit into your account during a given time period.
- Wager limits: Determine the maximum amount of money you can wager on your account during a set time period.
- Time out/self-exclusion: If you feel you need a break from the platform, you can “cool off” by locking your account for a set time period. If your gambling has become a problem, you can self-exclude from the app and close your account permanently. Self-exclusion requests cannot be undone once they have been sent.
FanDuel California in-person betting locations and partnerships
Given that FanDuel Sportsbook and online sports betting have yet to launch in California, there are no confirmed partnerships yet. That being said, FanDuel will likely announce retail betting locations and other brand partnerships when the time is right in the Golden State. Currently, the nearest FanDuel retail sportsbook to California is located at the Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona. This location features an outdoor terrace and 40 live sports TVs along with multiple self-serve kiosks and in-person betting windows.
FanDuel Sportsbook California FAQs
FanDuel Sportsbook is not live in California, but when it launches, expect that when you sign up with FanDuel you will get a $150 No Sweat First Bet welcome bonus. This means your first bet is insured up to $150.
In addition to the mobile app, FanDuel offers a high-quality desktop website with all the same features and bets available.
Yes, FanDuel is fully licensed and legal in every state where it operates, adhering to all state regulations.
You will need to be at least 21 years old to bet at FanDuel in California. The operator will employ geolocation services to ensure you are physically located within the state.
There are lots of different banking options supported by FanDuel. Deposited funds should hit your account immediately regardless of your selected method. The fastest way to withdraw is through PayPal, which can take less than one day.
Yes, you can cash out early on select markets at FanDuel, and there are always more markets being added. This means you can guarantee a win on a successful bet if you feel things might take a negative turn.