Caesars Sportsbook App for California – Preview and Bonus Details
Disclaimer: Caesars Sportsbook is not currently available in California. This review is speculative, based on the Caesars Sportsbook app in states where it is live. The review will be updated when Caesars Sportsbook launches in California.
While online sports betting isn’t legal in California, that could change depending on what the state’s voters decide about Proposition 27 in November 2022. If online sportsbooks become legal, either via that vote or another measure, we fully expect that Caesars Sportsbook will be among the first online betting sites to launch in the state.
The current Caesars Sportsbook welcome bonus is for first bet on Caesars of up to $1,250 along with 1,000 reward credits and 1,000 tier credits for Caesars Rewards, but there’s no telling how much the offer might be when the online sportsbook launches in California. For example, when Caesars debuted in New York, it offered bettors there a $300 free bet just for signing up and a 100% deposit match for up to $3,000.
With an impressive selection of sports and bets, a great app, and a seemingly endless selection of promos, Caesars is a top-tier online sportsbook. We’ll go over all those aspects and more in this review, as well as how and when you might be able to make an account in California.
Caesars Sportsbook California promo code
Use the best Caesars Sportsbook promo code $1,250 to claim the top Caesars welcome bonus. You’ll get your first bet on Caesars for up to $1,250, plus 1,000 Tier Credits and 1,000 Reward Credits®.
|Online Sportsbook||Caesars Sportsbook California|
|Caesars California Promo Code||LEGALFULL|
|Welcome Bonus||• First bet on Caesars up to $1,250
• 1,000 Tier Credits
• 1,000 Reward Credits®
|Launch Date||Unknown; 2023 at the earliest|
|Last Updated||November 2022|
How do I get the Caesars Sportsbook welcome bonus?
Once you’ve created an account and entered the top Caesars California promo code LEGALFULL, your first bet will be on Caesars. This means that if the bet loses, you will receive an equal refund as a single free bet, up to a maximum of $1,250. Remember that this applies only to your first bet — if you make a $20 bet, you’ll get a $20 free bet if you lose.
Caesars Sportsbook welcome bonus — the fine print!
Note that if your initial wager loses, Caesars doesn’t issue the refund in cash. Instead, you receive a non-withdrawable free bet. Even if it’s the full $1,250, you won’t be able to spread it across multiple wagers. You’ll have 14 days to wager that free bet again.
Another thing to understand is that you do not get the value of the free bet back if you win with it. For instance, if you have a $100 free bet and you use it on a bet with -200 odds and win, you only get $50 back, meaning you would still be down $50. To just break even, your free bet wager would need to have odds of +100.
Can I trust Caesars Sportsbook?
Yes, while Caesars is not yet licensed to operate in California, that’s because the state has yet to legalize sports betting. Caesars won’t go live in the state until it has a license to do so. However, Caesars is already a licensed and reputable online sportsbook in a growing number of states where it can legally operate.
That means Caesars has already met the standards and oversight of a number of regulatory agencies in those states, as opposed to illicit offshore sportsbooks. When you bet with offshore books, you’re taking a risk because they don’t have to abide by US or state regulations to make sure your money is safe.
Getting started at Caesars online sportsbook
To create an account at Caesars, head to the online sportsbook website, select the registration button, and you’ll then need to enter some personal details:
- Full name
- Home address
- Email address
- Social Security number (last four digits)
- Phone number
- A password for your account
- Caesars promo code LEGALFULL
All that’s left is to choose a method you want to use to deposit and withdraw funds from your account and make at least a minimum deposit ($10); then you’ll be all set to go. On top of that, your first bet will qualify for the welcome promo.
How do I download the Caesars Sportsbook app?
To download the Caesars sports betting app, head to the Caesars website on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet.
Next, scroll to the bottom of the page, where you will find iOS and Android app installation buttons. Click on the one for your operating system and follow the download process from there. The app should be installed on your phone or tablet in just a few minutes.
Where do I find Caesars sports betting promotions?
Caesars’ promotions are available under the promotions tab on its website. We suggest visiting the Caesars promotion page often, as the available promos will rotate and change. This is also where you’ll need to click the button to opt-in for any bonuses that suit you and where you can read the terms and conditions for all Caesars’ promos.
Why should I choose the Caesars Sportsbook app?
There’s much to like about Caesars Sportsbook app, but here are three of our top picks after a review of all it has going:
- Welcome bonus: Regardless of the specifics, Caesars tends to offer solid or better welcome bonuses, particularly if it is newly operating in a state that just legalized online sports betting.
- Regular promos: Caesars doesn’t leave you hanging after the welcome bonus, either. You’ll find plenty of odds boosts, parlay boosts, and other frequent bonuses. There’s even a $50 bonus per referral.
- Bet slip: The Caesars bet slip is easy and intuitive to navigate, change your stake, toggle between options and perform any other action you need.
What won’t I like about the Caesars Sportsbook app?
Where could the Caesars mobile app stand to improve? Here are a few things we think could use a little work in the future:
- In-app game density: This might be a pretty minor complaint, but it’s nice to be able to view a lot of games at once when you scroll through a sportsbook app. Some apps will be able to display between four and four and a half games at once thanks to a dense, efficient layout. Caesars may only show three at a time, which is a slight knock.
- Desktop betting experience: Caesars has clearly optimized its app experience, which is fine by us — mobile betting is usually more important to most bettors. However, the desktop experience isn’t quite as smooth as its mobile counterpart.
- Live chat: Some users report difficulties accessing the customer support live chat from the app. Customers seem to report more success from the desktop interface, but most users will likely be on mobile.
What kind of bets can I place at Caesars online betting?
Caesars offers a good array of bets. If you’re new to the world of betting, though, we’ll provide a quick run-through here:
- Moneylines: Wager on the winner of a game.
- Spreads: Bets that incorporate the margin of victory.
- Parlays: Place bets with multiple legs, which have to all be correct for the parlay to win.
- Single-game parlays: Ditto, but all the legs come from the same game.
- Teasers: Like a parlay, but you can shift the line for each game in your favor.
- Live betting: Bets that you place “live,” after the game has begun.
- Proposition bets: Wager on smaller elements within a game, rather than the overall outcome.
- Futures: Bet on events that are some distance in the future, like the winner of the next Super Bowl.
- Totals: Bet on the total combined score of a game, regardless of which team wins.
Can I bet on the Golden State Warriors at Caesars?
Yes, you definitely can. The Caesars sports betting app in California offers a thorough set of betting options for the Golden State Warriors and the NBA overall. You can make pregame and live bets, and you’ll find that Caesars Sportsbook has odds for all preseason, regular season, and of course, postseason games. For that matter, Caesars covers all the major leagues, along with some international and niche sports. Here’s a partial list:
How do I get money on (and off!) Caesars Sportsbook app quickly?
Caesars has several options for depositing and withdrawing, so you should have no worries that you won’t be able to find a method that works for you. Here are the current options:
- Credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover)
- Online bank transfer
- Play+ prepaid card
Bettors can also make deposits at applicable Caesars casinos or other partner casinos by depositing cash at the casino cage. However, whether this option will be available to California bettors remains to be seen.
How do I get help at Caesars Sportsbook?
Caesars offers a live chat and a phone line from 8 a.m. to midnight Eastern daily, and an email line ([email protected]) for less urgent queries. Some users have reported issues reaching the live chat on the app, but otherwise we found customer service to be helpful.
How do I exclude myself from Caesars?
Caesars has a responsible gambling page on its website, which allows you to set limits on your activity or exclude yourself from using the service if you feel your betting is becoming a problem. If you feel like your betting is becoming an issue, call 1-800-GAMBLER to seek assistance.
Can I bet at Caesars Sportsbook in person?
Not in California at the moment, as Caesars does not have a retail sportsbook in the state — and sports betting of any type remains illegal in California.
How does Caesars compare to other online sportsbooks?
We think that Caesars stacks up very well against its competitors. While it isn’t quite live in California yet, if that ever changes, we have little doubt that it will be a powerful player in the state. Its welcome bonus is always one of the best, its interface is excellent and it offers great coverage and frequent promotions.
Really, it’s a question of what’s not to like. The issues so far — some issues using customer service on mobile and a slightly disappointing desktop experience — are minimal, and may not even apply to Caesars in California.
Caesars California FAQs
LEGALFULL. When you sign up at Caesars Sportsbook using that Caesars promo code, your first bet will be on Caesars for up to $1,250 and you’ll get 1,000 Tier Credits and 1,000 Reward Credits®. Check out the complete terms and conditions above.
It depends on the individual state where sports betting is legal. Most set the minimum legal age at 21, but a few have it at 18.
Yes, the minimum deposit is $10.
Yes. Check the promotions tab and featured bets on the Caesars site or app.
No, you don’t have to. While Caesars offers an app that’s compatible with iOS and Android — which receives good reviews — you can also bet on the sportsbook website if you prefer that, or if you don’t have a compatible device.