Global Poker – US Legal Online Poker for Cash Prizes
Global Poker’s patented business model allows players from most US states to legally play poker online for cash prizes. The site lets you play poker for fun using Gold Coins, a virtual token that has no real money value, and Sweeps Coins, the legal equivalent of a sweepstakes entry. Sign up using the Global Poker promo code FLUSH and get 150,000 Gold Coins for $10, plus 30 FREE Sweeps Coins.
When you play games using Sweeps Coins, you can redeem your winnings for cash prizes. You can’t purchase Sweeps Coins, but you can purchase Gold Coins, and they come with FREE Sweeps Coins at times.
Global Poker is nothing fancy, but it has its pluses. The site has heavily built up its Facebook presence, which attracts a large group of novice and inexperienced players. Global Poker games tend toward the soft side, but site traffic is heavy around the clock, and the potential for experienced players to grind out a profit is high.
The poker client is browser-based and fully functional on both full- and small-size screens for desktop and Android and iOS mobile browsers.
- Welcome Bonus: 150,000 Gold Coins for $10, plus 30 FREE Sweeps Coins
- Plenty of ways to get FREE Sweeps Coins.
- Site is legal in most US states, California included.
- Mobile browser-optimized for Android and iOS.
Global Poker sign-up bonus
When you open an account with Global Poker and enter the Global Poker promo code FLUSH, you’ll get a first-purchase welcome bonus. You can claim 150,000 Gold Coins for $10, plus 30 FREE Sweeps Coins. Or, you can get 200,000 Gold Coins for $20, plus 40 FREE Sweeps Coins. (No promo code is required for the $20 offer.)
Global Poker bonus code March 2023
|Online Poker Room||Global Online Poker|
|Purchase Bonus||150,000 Gold Coins for $10, plus 30 FREE Sweeps Coins|
|Last Updated||March 2023|
Global Poker ongoing promotions
You won’t find big rake-back or reload promotions on Global Poker, but you will find a good selection of daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal promotional tournaments that come with some very juicy pots.
For the last four years, Global Poker has held its promotional Eagle Cup tournament over 21 days from late October to the middle of November, winding up with the Tournament of Champions in late November.
It also has The Goat, the Grizzly Games and the Rattlesnake Open.
In addition, every Sunday at 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time, the ongoing Golden Scrimmage promotional tournament takes place for bragging rights, limited-edition swag, and guaranteed prizes of 20,000,000 Gold Coins. Entry fee is 110,000 Gold Coins.
You earn entry into Global Poker’s four weekly and daily promotional Challenge Tournaments by meeting the following set of challenges:
- Daily Hundo: Play 25 Gold Coin ring game rounds to earn entry to the tournament for a chance to win 100x your entry fee. Sweeps Coin entry fee is required to enter. Resets daily at 10 p.m. Eastern.
- Daily Sweeps Coins 500 Bonanza: Play 50 flops during any Gold Coin or Sweeps Coin ring games and earn entry into the tournament for a chance at 500 Sweeps Coins. The entry fee is 0.11 Sweeps Coin. Resets daily at 9 p.m. Eastern.
- Weekly Sweeps Coins 5K Bonanza: Play 500 flops in any Gold Coin or Sweeps Coin ring games and earn entry into the weekly tournament. The entry fee is 0.11 Sweeps Coin. Resets Sunday at 4 p.m. Eastern.
- Daily Gold Coins 100K Freeroll Gold Coin Challenge: See 50 flops in Gold Coin ring games to unlock freerolls. Resets daily at 11 p.m. Eastern.
There are a few other ways to get a small number of free GC and SC, but we’ll cover those in the next section.
How the sweepstakes/social model works
Legally speaking, you always receive Sweeps Coins for free, and they are the equivalent of a sweepstakes entry, much like Publisher’s Clearinghouse sweepstakes contests. You can’t purchase Sweeps Coins, but you can purchase Gold Coins, which may come with FREE Sweeps Coins.
Sweeps Coins have no real money value until you play them in a casino-style game, in this case, poker. You can redeem Sweeps Coin winnings for cash prizes. If you find this point confusing, just look at it as though Sweeps Coins carry a 1x playthrough requirement.
How to sign up for a Global Poker account
Registering for a new Global Poker account is easy and will take just a couple of minutes, as long as you are at least 18 years old and reside in most of the United States.
You can register using a social media account or directly with Global Poker. To get started, click the register button in the upper right corner of the homepage. To sign up via social media, just log in to Global Poker using your Facebook or Google account credentials. Remember to enter the top Global Poker promo code FLUSH to claim your sign-up bonus in March 2023.
If you choose to sign up directly with Global Poker, you’ll need to enter your full name, home address, email address, cell phone number, date of birth, and a username of your choice.
Once you’ve completed that requirement, just respond to Global Poker’s text message to verify your account to receive your welcome bonus.
You’ll need to go through the full account verification process before you can request your first prize redemption, but you can do that at any time. Just click the hamburger icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select “account” to get started.
Global Poker Screenshot
Global Poker games
Global Poker’s lobby will open by default to ring games, but the lobby can be filtered by game and format, stakes, available seats, and more.
You will never have a problem finding a ring game on Global Poker. The site sees steady traffic 24/7. Typically, higher-stakes games are easier to find during the evening and peak weekend hours.
To join a game, click any table and choose an available seat. A player-dealer chat box is available for full-size desktop browsers, with mobile chat currently in development. You’ll also be able to pull up hand history, as well as adjust some table settings.
Global currently offers the following poker variants:
- Pot-Limit Omaha
- Omaha Hi/Lo
- No Limit Texas Hold’em
- No Limit Crazy Pineapple
Several in-house developed casino games were recently added to the site, as well, including more than 30 slots, two blackjack games, casino hold’em and Caribbean Poker. Click the Casino button in the upper left corner of the lobby to find them.
Anywhere from 100 to 250 ring games will be running at any given time, almost exclusively No Limit Texas Hold’em with 10-20 Omaha tables.
The above estimates are based on Sweeps Coin games only, which far outnumber Gold Coins games, but GC tables are available, as well. Gold Coin games are great for new players to get comfortable with the poker client and practice skills.
Global Poker will take a flat rake (5%) on games, even Gold Coin games, except sit and go jackpot tournaments that work the 6% rake into your entry fee.
This is where Global Poker really shines. Hold’em multi-table tournaments run every 1.5 hours in the morning up to every quarter of an hour during peak hours. Thousands of players will be at hold’em tables during peak hours.
The largest hold’em MTT is the weekly Sunday Scrimmage at 5:30 p.m. with a guaranteed prize of 50K Sweeps Coins. The entry fee is 218 SC. Other tournaments with large pots include:
- Saturday Swish: 6,000 Sweeps Coins guaranteed, entry fee of 55 Sweeps Coins
- Sunday Teaser: 20,000 Sweeps Coins guaranteed, entry fee of 110 Sweeps Coins
- Tuesday Tussle: 10,000 Sweeps Coins guaranteed, entry fee of 110 Sweeps Coins
- Thursday Throttle: 7,500 Sweeps Coins guaranteed, entry fee of 110 Sweeps Coins
Hold’em MTT bounty tournaments award a prize (bounty) for every player you eliminate. By the time the tournament ends, some players have combined bounties that are higher than the payout.
Sit and go tournaments are perfect for players who don’t want to invest the time needed to play an MTT. Global Poker hold’em SNGs feature turbo and hyper-turbo games that speed play up considerably.
Jackpot SNG hold’em tournaments are three-player, hyper-turbo games with random prize pools that range from 2x to 10,000x the amount of the entry fee. The winner at your table will take it all, except in cases when your table is randomly assigned the jackpot. In that event, the winner takes home three-quarters of the pot, with the remainder split between the other two players. If you enter into this tournament with 20 SC, you could find yourself splitting a pool of 200,000 SC.
Global Poker’s software
The site’s poker client was originally licensed from world poker giant Cubeia Sweden. Global Poker’s browser-based site works smoothly on small- and full-size screens for Android and Apple devices and tablets.
Global Poker groups account details in two areas, the gold “get coins” button in the top right corner and a white hamburger button in the upper left corner of the screen.
The “get coins” window will open by default to the tab to purchase Gold Coins. Five additional tabs along the top of the screen include the following:
- Redeem prize: Account verification required.
- History: Gold Coin purchase history
- Play for free: A message from Global Poker to remind you that it’s always free to play and no purchase is necessary to play or win. “We’ve given away over 50 million FREE Sweeps Coins,” apart from those attached to Gold Coins.
- Support: The first customer support link will take you to a general support ticket site. The second link will take you to a specific support ticket site for purchases. There’s also a link to leave feedback, which Global Poker encourages players to use to submit ideas to help improve the site.
- Bonus code: This is where you can put in your bonus code FLUSH to get the FREE SC with your first purchase.
Clicking on the hamburger icon will open a new page with a long list of menu items down the left, including the following:
- Profile: Your leaderboard rankings, Gold Coin, and Sweeps Coin balances (also displayed at the top of the screen in the poker room lobby).
- Beta testing: Try out the new felt, including multi-table optimized graphics with increased size and visibility of cards, numbers, and text for non-mobile browsers. Mobile users can try out the new player and dealer chat feature, and other improvements.
- Challenges: Your progress on daily and weekly challenges to earn entry into special tournaments.
- Leaderboards: Daily, weekly, monthly and more leaderboards across the site.
- Account: Account verification instructions.
- Avatars: Thirty stock caricature avatars. Also toggle on/off to see other players’ avatars at the table.
- Store: Use surplus Gold Coins to purchase up to 39 exclusive avatars, including bald eagle, vampire, crowbar, sports figures or banana, up to the highest priced avatar for 2.2 million Gold Coins.
- Hand history: Sortable by date, tokens and number of hands. Also spin, blackjack and Caribbean histories.
- Transaction history: Daily rewards, Gold Coins purchased, can be filtered by token type and banking method.
- Responsible gambling: Set a time out for yourself.
- Settings: Toggle pro-mode for tables to open in a new window, toggle various sounds, change deck color, muck losing/winning hands, mute emoticons. If you enable the new felt under beta testing, game settings are controlled in the game itself.
How to get FREE Sweeps Coins on Global Poker
There are five ways you can get FREE Sweeps Coins (and some Gold Coins), not counting winning them in poker games:
- Open an account as a new player at Global Poker.
- Purchase Gold Coins that come with FREE Sweeps Coins.
- Collect a free daily bonus of FREE SC and Gold Coins just for logging in.
- Enter FREE Sweeps Coin giveaway contests on Global Poker’s Facebook page.
- Main in requests for FREE SC.
To collect your daily bonus, click the “Get Coins” icon at the top of the lobby. A new window will open. At the bottom, click the box marked “Claim your FREE daily bonus.” The number of Gold Coins and Sweeps Coins you’ll receive ranges from 0.25 to 1 for Sweeps Coins and 1,000 to 2,500 for Gold Coins.
Global Poker regularly holds no-cost Sweeps Coin giveaway contests on its Facebook page. Contests may ask you to share a post or answer a game-related trivia question to enter. Typically, Global Poker chooses five winners from all eligible entries to receive five Sweeps Coins, but check the contest post for complete details.
You will receive 5 Sweeps Coins in your account if you write Global Poker by USPS mail. Everything about your request, including the envelope, the piece of paper and the exact words you use to make your request must follow exact specifications or your letter will be disqualified. Check Global Poker’s sweepstakes rules for details.
How to purchase Gold Coins
Select the gold “get coins” button in the top right corner and click on the Gold Coins you wish to purchase. The number of promotional Sweeps Coins will be clearly visible. Follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
While Global Poker no longer accepts PayPal as a banking option, there are a range of alternative payment methods available:
- Credit and debit cards
- Direct bank transfer
- Prepaid credit cards
- PaySafeCard and PaySafeCash
PaySafeCard is a prepaid card that you can purchase in $10, $25, $50 and $100 denominations with cash and other banking methods. Participating retailers may include 7-Eleven, CVS, Dollar General and Walgreens, among others. Enter your zip code in the PaySafeCard app to see participating retailers in your area.
PaySafeCash is similar to the PayNearMe funding option. Select PaySafeCash as your payment method, and Global Poker will send you a text or email with a barcode. Take the barcode to any participating merchant, pay for your purchase and have the employee scan your barcode to authorize your transaction.
You can purchase Gold Coins with FREE Sweeps Coins in the following increments:
Price (USD) FREE Sweeps Coins Gold Coins
$2 0 10,000
$5 4 25,000
$10 9 50,000
$20 20 100,000
$50 51 250,000
$100 102 500,000
$300 306 1.55M
$500 515 2.6M
Until you go through the account verification process and send Global Poker a copy of a valid, government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport or state-issued ID), the site may place limits on the number of Gold Coins you can purchase on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
How you can redeem Sweeps Coins for cash prizes
Click the “get coins” button and select “redeem prize” when you have at least 50 Sweeps Coins in your account balance. You can redeem 50 SC for a cash prize of $50.
If you have not yet uploaded a copy of your driver’s license, follow the site prompts to complete the process, then upload a copy of your preferred bank account to help Global Poker meet its legal requirements.
If possible, Global Poker will process your redemption as though it were a refund and return your redemption to the banking method you used to make a purchase. Generally speaking, the following banking methods work for cash prize redemptions:
- Direct bank transfer
- Prepaid credit cards
Global Poker will typically process redemption requests in one business day, but account verification will cause an additional delay of up to two business days. Refunds will usually take up to 15 working days to complete. Contact [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
Note that PaySafeCard and Skrill will charge a fee for processing your redemption.
Although live chat is not available, ZenDesk manages a thorough and well-organized FAQ, as well as a support ticket option for Global Poker. Our question regarding payment options was answered to our satisfaction within 24 hours. You can also reach out to [email protected] via email.
The operator’s Poker School and How to Play sections provide a range of guides, strategies and tips for players of all skill levels. Lee Jones, the former cardroom manager for PokerStars, contributes a number of articles.
Global Poker history
Owned by Virtual Gaming Worlds, Global Poker is regulated and licensed by the respected Malta Gaming Authority. In 2012, VGW launched its first social gaming site, Chumba Casino, on the strength of its pending patent.
Chumba originally offered proprietary slots and card and table games only, but now includes select titles from third-party developers.
VGW next licensed poker giant Cubeia Sweden’s poker platform in 2016 in order to launch Global Poker. After acquiring OpenWager, a San Francisco-based game studio, VGW debuted LuckyLand Slots in 2018.
Global Poker - frequently asked questions
FLUSH. When you enter FLUSH while creating a new Global Poker account, you’ll get 150,000 Gold Coins for $10, plus 30 FREE Sweeps Coins.
Yes! Global Poker is legal in most US states.
Global Poker sells its own virtual tokens called Gold Coins. These are virtual chips that players can accumulate and play with, but they are not redeemable for money.
When a player purchases Gold Coins, they are given bonus sweepstakes prizes in the form of Sweeps Coins. The Sweeps Coins can be used to enter into tournaments and ring games. Sweeps Coins can be redeemed for cash prizes.
Outside of New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia, Connecticut and Delaware, it isn’t necessarily legal for online poker sites to accept US players.
The Global Poker Sweepstakes Model allows it to do so, because players don’t play with real money even though they can redeem game tokens for cash prizes.
The sweepstakes concept may confuse some. Recreational players who can get over that should enjoy playing on Global Poker, although they probably won’t be doing it for very high stakes.
Players also need to be accepting of the odd glitch until the site makes a major commitment to improving the software.
There are plans to expand globally. Increasing the size of the player pool and prize pools should make the site more attractive to the masses.
Global Poker requires ID verification and proof of address for all redemption requests.
Once documentation is provided and it’s verified, Global Poker says it normally takes about five days for funds to be processed.
Documents that can be used for ID verification include a passport, driver’s license, or government-issued ID.
Those that can be used for proof of address include a utility bill, lease, or bank statement.