The Super Bowl is poised to become the premier event for annual single-day wagers after the legalization of sports betting in California. This much-awaited event will bring a diverse array of betting options through online sportsbooks, extending beyond the usual bets on teams and players to include a variety of innovative prop bets. These could range from predicting the coin toss outcome to guessing the color of the Gatorade used in the celebratory shower.
In the lead-up to the Super Bowl, betting sites typically ramp up their bonus offerings and roll out special Super Bowl bonuses and promotions. This guide aims to steer you through the vibrant scene of Super Bowl betting deals, where bettors can access a slew of bonuses year-round. The peak of these promotions coincides with the Super Bowl period, offering a prime opportunity for bettors to participate and possibly achieve significant wins.
Super Bowl 58, slated for Feb. 11, will be hosted at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, marking Nevada’s debut as a Super Bowl host.
Super Bowl 58 Bonuses & Promos
As the Super Bowl approaches, leading national sportsbooks increase their offerings, providing a wide range of betting options. This time is akin to their championship season, offering bettors many choices.
For those keen on placing bets on specific players, game outcomes, or unique events, various options are available. Here’s a glimpse into the offerings from various sportsbooks during previous Super Bowls:
(Note: Keep in mind these sportsbooks are not yet available in California, but to serve as an example of what offers are available in other states.)
- DraftKings, which started as a fantasy sports platform, has grown into a top online sportsbook in the U.S. For the Super Bowl, it typically focuses on markets such as player yards, points, and touchdowns. In 2022, DraftKings offered new users a chance to bet $5 on the Super Bowl moneyline to receive $280 in bonus bets and an opportunity to win a $1 million bonus bet.
- FanDuel, another company that began with fantasy sports, appeals to a wide audience with its extensive betting options. It offers traditional bets, such as first touchdown scorer and Super Bowl MVP, and unique wagers, such as the distance of the longest made field goal and the chance of overtime. In the past, a $5 bet on FanDuel could net a fan $1 million in credit for future bets.
- Caesars Sportsbook, renowned for its trustworthy odds and varied options, is a favorite among experienced bettors. In 2022, Caesars offered new customers up to a $1,500 deposit match and extra bonuses for betting on pregame props. Its selection includes numerous live bets and odds boosts on the day of the Super Bowl.
- BetMGM is notable for its Super Bowl promotion that provides first-bet insurance up to $1,500 in bonus bets. If a bettor’s initial Super Bowl wager is unsuccessful, BetMGM reimburses the amount in bonus bets, giving them another opportunity to win.
PrizePicks Super Bowl Promos
PrizePicks, a unique daily fantasy sports (DFS) platform, offers a simplified and engaging experience for those interested in making picks through its distinct “more” or “less” predictions on individual player totals. This platform stands out as an ideal choice for those seeking a quick and user-friendly DFS experience.
At PrizePicks, gameplay revolves around making a series of predictions. You choose between Flex Play, which offers smaller payouts but allows for a margin of error, and Power Play, where bigger payouts come with the condition that all your picks must be correct. This variety ensures a dynamic and customizable gaming experience.
For NFL enthusiasts, particularly with the Super Bowl on the horizon, PrizePicks presents an exciting opportunity. It is running a Super Bowl promotion where new users can sign up and have their first deposit matched up to $100. This promotion doubles your playing potential and introduces you to PrizePicks’ unique player prop system. Here, you can predict the outcomes of specific player performances, adding a layer of excitement to the Super Bowl experience.
How to Claim a Super Bowl Bonus
The Super Bowl is the pinnacle of yearly sports betting, attracting experienced and novice bettors, including those who might not regularly follow football. Participating in Super Bowl betting can elevate the excitement of the event. With a variety of betting promotions from leading sportsbooks, including welcome bonuses and special event deals, you can amplify your winnings.
Follow these steps in a state with legal sports betting to make the most of a Super Bowl betting promo:
- Choose a sportsbook: While new customers often receive the most attractive bonuses, there are also enticing Super Bowl promotions for existing users.
- Deposit funds: To qualify for Super Bowl bonuses, a minimum deposit is usually required, typically ranging from $5 to $10, varying with the payment method.
- Enter a promo code: Some promotions require a code. Enter this during the sign-up or deposit process to secure the best bonus available.
- Place your bets: The Super Bowl presents many betting opportunities. These range from standard team wagers to more unusual Super Bowl prop bets, such as predicting game specifics or halftime show events.
- Claim your bonus: After fulfilling all the necessary terms and conditions, expect your bonus to be automatically credited to your account.
- Withdraw your earnings: If your bets pay off, you can withdraw your winnings or use any bonus bets for additional betting opportunities. Remember that withdrawals typically take two to seven days to process, and direct cash-out of bonus bets is not possible.
Super Bowl Odds Boosts & Alternate Lines
Super Bowl promotions and bonuses are great opportunities for bettors to gain additional value. As the Super Bowl draws near, sportsbooks often introduce a variety of incentives to stimulate more betting on the big game. Sportsbooks are likely to offer these common Super Bowl betting promotions:
- Odds boosts: Increased payouts on certain bets.
- Bet insurance: Get a refund up to a limit if your bet doesn’t win.
- Parlay insurance: Receive some of your stake back if only one part of your parlay fails.
- Special props: Unique prop betting options that are not usually available.
- Super Bowl parlays: Combined bets with enhanced odds, like a team winning and a player achieving a specific milestone.
- Crossover bets: Bets that connect the Super Bowl to other sporting events, such as NBA or NHL games.
- Free to play: Opportunities to win real money without any initial investment.
Alternate lines provide bettors with the flexibility to modify the odds according to their preferences.
For example, consider the San Francisco 49ers are favored with a 7-point spread at -120 odds, but you’re not sure about their ability to cover that spread. An alternate line could be more appealing, such as the 49ers with a reduced 3-point spread at -210 odds or a narrow 1-point spread at -250 odds.
On the other hand, if you’re confident in the 49ers’ ability to outperform the 7-point spread, more advantageous odds might be available, such as +150 for a 10-point spread. Sportsbooks typically offer alternate lines in both directions, adjusting the odds accordingly.
Other Super Bowl Contests to Consider
Several sportsbooks offer free Super Bowl games that allow participants to win prizes without any financial outlay. These games blend traditional betting elements with easy-to-understand, familiar formats.
DraftKings Super Bowl Squares: In Super Bowl LVI, DraftKings hosted its first-ever free-to-play squares game with a $75,000 prize pool. This popular game features a 10×10 grid, with each row labeled 0-9, matching the last digit of each team’s score at different points in the game. For instance, if the score at the end of the first quarter is Rams 14 and the Bills 9, and you have the square where 4 for the Rams intersects with 9 for the Bills, you win a share of the prize. This method is replicated at halftime, the end of the third quarter, and the final score.
FanDuel Big Game Bingo: FanDuel offers a creative combination of prop bets and bingo. Players receive cards with 24 squares, each containing different Super Bowl and pop culture-related prop bets, plus one free center square. As the game unfolds, each occurring prop bet is automatically marked off on your card. The objective is to form a horizontal or vertical line with these marks. Achieving this earns you a win, merging the fun of bingo with the excitement of live sports and cultural happenings. This unique approach introduces an engaging and interactive dimension to Super Bowl betting, appealing to a diverse audience that enjoys both the sports aspect and the broader cultural elements associated with the Super Bowl.