Angel City FC Odds
The National Women’s Soccer League was founded in 2012 with the goal of becoming the top United States pro league for women soccer players. The league has steadily grown ever since, and there’s now some local rooting interest of note.
Angel City FC began play in the 2022 season. The Los Angeles-based club has some heavy hitters in the ownership group, including Mia Hamm, Eva Longoria and Natalie Portman, while home games are played at Banc of California Stadium near downtown LA.
No, sports betting in California is not legal just yet, but a social sportsbook does allow for soccer fans to get in on the action:
In this complete guide to Angel City FC, we’ll cover what you need to know about the team, NWSL and betting on soccer.
Betting odds for Angel City FC and NWSL
Once legal sports betting is officially up and running in California, you can check back here for the latest odds on Angel City FC and all of the upcoming NWSL games. There will be a sortable odds feed where you can check out legal California sports betting lines, as well as direct links for the best possible sign-up offers before you bet.
How many teams are in the NWSL?
The NWSL has expanded to 12 clubs. Here are some of the key details on all of the current member teams.
|Team||Year Joined NWSL||Home Games|
|Angel City FC||2022||Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles, CA|
|Chicago Red Stars||2013||SeatGeek Stadium - Bridgeview, IL|
|Houston Dash||2014||PNC Stadium - Houston, TX|
|Kansas City Current||2021||Children's Mercy Park - Kansas City, KS|
|NJ/NY Gotham FC||2013||Red Bull Arena - Harrison, NJ|
|North Carolina Courage||2017||WakeMed Soccer Park - Cary, NC|
|OL Reign||2013||Lumen Field - Seattle, WA|
|Orlando Pride||2016||Exploria Stadium - Orlando, FL|
|Portland Thorns FC||2013||Providence Park - Portland, OR|
|Racing Louisville FC||2021||Lynn Family Stadium - Louisville KY|
|San Diego Wave FC||2022||Torero Stadium and Snapdragon Stadium - San Diego, CA|
|Washington Spirit||2013||Audi Field and Segra Field - Washington D.C.|
How to read Angel City FC betting lines
When you visit an online sportsbook, you’ll have to click through the soccer tab to find the odds for upcoming NWSL matches. Once you do, all of the upcoming games will be listed by start time.
- Angel City FC vs. Chicago Red Stars
- Angel +185 Draw +210 Chicago +170
The main listing for NWSL games features the three-way moneyline odds for all of the possible outcomes: either side to win the match or for it to end in a draw. You can place your bets on one of the three choices and call it a day, but you also have other moneyline options.
- Draw No Bet: For this wager, a draw is removed from the equation. If you pick one of the two sides and it winds up as a tie, the bet is treated as a push and refunded.
- Two-way Moneyline: This bet lets you cover two calls at once: a team to win or a draw. If the other team wins, you lose.
To place a bet on the additional moneyline options at your sportsbook of choice, you may have to click through the listing to see all of the possibilities for that match. Once you do, you’ll see a whole host of other options to consider.
- Spreads: Similar to point spread betting in other sports, it can be as low as a half-goal for soccer. You can choose the favorite minus the spread or the dog plus the number.
- Totals: The sportsbook will set an estimated total number of goals. You get to pick over or under that amount.
- Halves: Focus on a specific half of the game. You can bet on a side to win the half or on the total goals scored in that frame.
- Props: We’re talking side bets on games, teams and players. Examples include the number of corner kicks, number of cards issued and a player to score a goal (or not).
At some sportsbooks, you can also put together same game parlays on the individual games. An example includes:
- A side to win
- The over on total goals
- A prop of your choosing
You can also build multi-leg parlay wagers that include several games from the NWSL slate.
Once the games get underway, many operators also offer live betting. This is real-time wagering based on what’s happening on the field.
Last but not least, be on the lookout for futures odds on which team will win the next NWSL crown.
NWSL betting tips
When betting on team sports like soccer, you’ll want to analyze the matchup while looking for advantages on either side. You can factor in the stats and trends and even seek out the opinions of sources that you trust for additional insight.
For the NWSL specifically, here are three tips that can make a difference in finding some wagering success.
- Do your homework: For the most popular sports, it can be tough to uncover nuggets of information that everyone else doesn’t already know. When sports fly a little farther under the radar, that’s not the case. By digging into the NWSL and all of its teams, you may be able to develop an edge in comparison to the bettors who take a more casual approach.
- Compare the odds: Sportsbooks also tend to pay the most attention to the sports that bring in the largest betting volume. As a result, it’s possible to find misprices on sports that aren’t as heavily bet. Additionally, not all books will see things the same way for each game. In short, take the time to shop around for the best possible odds before placing any of your NWSL bets.
- Keep it simple: Research is an important step toward finding success with sports betting, but there’s also the possibility of overkill. There’s no need to spend hours and hours poring over information to find what you feel is an advantage. In fact, this can have the opposite impact and cloud your judgment. Keep things simple and focus on what really matters with the goal of making optimal decisions.
Where are Angel City FC home games?
If you’re looking to catch an Angel City FC game in person, you can find them in the same stadium that plays host to the Los Angeles FC of the MLS. Here are the details.
- Name: Banc of California Stadium
- Address: 3939 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90037
- Surface: Bermuda grass
- Opened: April 2018
- Construction cost: $350 million
How to watch and stream Angel City FC games
The NWSL has a broadcast deal in place with CBS Sports. Many games can be found on various parts of the CBS family of channels, including CBS Sports Network and Paramount+.
The streaming service Twitch has the international rights for the NWSL and will provide coverage of some matches for North American audiences free of charge.
Introduction to the NWSL
The NWSL was founded in 2012 and became the successor to Women’s Professional Soccer, a pro league that folded the same year. The league began play in 2013 with eight teams and has since expanded to 12.
The typical season runs from February through October. Along the way, each squad plays 22 regular-season games, followed by playoffs and the championship game. There’s also the NWSL Challenge Cup each season.
The NWSL Shield is awarded to the top team during the regular season. Four NWSL teams have accounted for the eight shields awarded to date. The playoffs include the top six teams in the final standings and are held in a single-elimination knockout format.
To date, five teams have been crowned as NWSL champs with three squads claiming two titles each: Portland Thorns FC, FC Kansas City and North Carolina Courage. The Washington Spirit defeated Portland in the most recent final in 2021.
History of Angel City FC
In 2020, the NWSL awarded an expansion franchise to Los Angeles for the 2022 season. Later in 2020, the majority women ownership group announced that the name of the new club would be Angel City FC.
The team’s kit is manufactured by Nike and sponsored by Door Dash, Sprouts Farmers Market and Birdies. The primary color for the home uniform is black with pink-tinted accents, while the away gear is the opposite: a mainly pink hue with black accents.
Home games are played at the 22,000-seat Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles. Julie Uhrman serves as president of the team, while Freya Coombe is the head coach. The team’s first competitive match was a draw against England in August 2021.
Other NWSL expansion teams
The NWSL now stands at 12 teams, four of which have just joined the league in recent years. Kansas City Current and Racing Louisville FC got on board in 2021. In addition to Angel City, 2022 saw the addition of San Diego Wave FC.
The Wave is led by head coach Casey Stoney and plays home games at Torero Stadium. The team will be moving into the new Snapdragon Stadium once construction is completed in the latter half of 2022.