Global Poker is at it again. But instead of bears, like the Grizzly Games, the site is offering up a new series: The Rattlesnake Open. This is a 130-event online poker series with a grand total of SC$1.25 million up for grabs. The series begins with a $5,000 freeroll on April 29. it culminates in five different Main Events with both Sweeps Cash and Gold Coins buy-ins.
Separate Gold Coins and Sweeps Cash schedules
Those familiar with Global Poker know there are two currencies on the site. One is Sweeps Cash (SC) and the other is Gold Coins (GC). Players can load up their Global Poker account by purchasing Gold Coins with their Paypal account. As part of that purchase, players earn free Sweeps Cash.
Players can use both currencies to buy into tournaments and cash games on Global Poker.
With that in mind, Global Poker is offering two separate schedules of events for each type of currency.
Sweeps Cash events
The SC lineup features 27 different events. Within each event, there are three tournaments to choose from. Those tournaments are low, medium, and high buy-in events.
For the Rattlesnake Open, buy-ins for each level range from:
- Low: SC$3.30 – SC$22
- Medium: SC$11 – SC$110
- High: SC$33 – SC$218
The Main Event for the SC events runs on Sunday, May 20. Here is when each tier level begins as well as what the buy-in is (all times are in Eastern Time):
- 3:00 p.m.- SC$22 Low buy-in with SC$15,000 guarantee
- 4:15 p.m. – SC$110 Medium buy-in with SC$40,000 guarantee
- 5:30 p.m. – SC$218 High buy-in with SC$100,000 guarantee
Gold Coins events
Unlike SC events, the GC events feature only two different buy-in levels, Low and High. There are 27 two-tiered GC events in total. The buy-ins on the Low tier range from GC 5,500 to GC 55,000. The High buy-in events run from GC 22,000 to GC 110,000.
The Main Event times for the two GC tiers are as follows:
- 5/20 at 3:15 p.m. – Low buy-in GC 55,000 event with GC 5,000,000 guarantee
- 5/20 at 4:15 p.m. – High buy-in GC 110,000 event with GC 7,500,000 guarantee
The full schedule of both the SC and GC tournaments is available on the Global Poker website. There are benefits to grinding the entire schedule. As in the past, Global Poker is giving the leaderboard winner for the series a free buy-in to the live event of their choosing, provided it is a buy-in of $3,500 or less.
Social media SC opportunities
If you want to pick up a little extra cash, or you just love showing off your Global Poker gear, you can complete the following tasks and get some extra SC in your account:
- SC$20 for sharing a photo of you wearing your Global Poker Gear in front of a Civic Building in your hometown (i.e. Town Hall, Court House, Council Chamber)
- SC$20 for sharing a photo of you wearing your Global Poker Gear in front of the ‘Welcome To’ sign for your home town
- SC$20 for sharing a photo of you at your local casino/card room wearing Global Poker gear
- SC$100 for a 10-second video of you in a local poker tournament wearing your Global Poker gear with the player next to you saying “I love Global Poker”
- SC$1,000 for winning a tournament wearing Global Poker gear and sharing the winner’s photo with us (Result must be listed on Hendon Mob)